Before talking about septic system installation, it’s important to understand the basics of such a system. When you flush a toilet or when any shower, sink or washing machine drains in your home, the waste water flows into an inlet pipe, which flows into the septic tank. It is here that the solids are broken down by naturally occurring bacteria.
An outlet tee prevents the solids from flowing out into the drain field. The tee and the filter have a very important job – they stop the solids from destroying the drain field.
So, that’s basically how your septic system works. When it comes to septic system installation, it’s essential to find a contractor who is a seasoned expert. To help you find the right company, here are some important questions to ask potential candidates:
- Who owns the business?
- Are they insured and licensed?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Have they had any failures or complaints?
- How large is the equipment they will be using?
- Do they offer a warranty, and if so, for how long?
- Is the complete drain field covered by the warranty?
- Does the warranty cover the alarm and pump?
- Will they include septic inspection, filter cleaning and septic tank pump-out before the warranty expires?
- What is their clean-up procedure? Do they lay sod or spread seed? Do they rake the yard?
- What is the total cost of septic system installation (including inspections and permits)? Will the company stand behind that price, and what are the terms of payment?
If you are in need of septic system installation in Lakeland FL or would simply like more information, give us a call at Lee Kirk & Sons Septic. We offer all the essential septic tank services, including septic tank cleaning, septic tank pumping, pump repair, and more. Request a free estimate today!